If you are searching for unique garden craft ideas
then here is one for you. Garden Pouch craft is a distinct craft, which
will display your creativity.
If you want to have the feel of garden inside your
home, but you are not able to find a way to do so, try making evergreen
sachets yourself on some holiday. As this is the best & simple way
to bring your garden indoors. Evergreen sachets will help you feel
freshness of nature even inside your home. Handmade garden sachets are
made of the materials which are easily available at your home. This
garden craft idea will not only serve your aesthetic purpose, but will
also help you to give your home a feel of garden. So, along with your
kids and other family members, start working on garden pouch craft
project and make your creation a memorable one.
How to Make Garden Evergreen Sachet
- Evergreen Branches
- Scrap Fabric
- Needle and Thread, or Sewing Machine
- Ribbon or Raffia
Now you have all the material available with you, so start making your
evergreen sachet with the help of the method given below:
- Collect few evergreen branches from your garden, or you can even
get it from some nursery.
- Lay these evergreen branches at the place where they can get
proper air circulation.
- Allow the branches to dry until the needles came out of them.
- Now take some remnant of material or some old tablecloth and cut
it in rectangular shape according to the width you want for your
- Make sure that it should be approximately twice the length &
then cut it 1/4 inch wider for making a hem.
- Now hem the cloth under the two long ends of the sachet
rectangle. You can sew this sachet with the help of sewing machine
or by hand.
- Then to give it a look of pouch, sew up the side seams of the
- After this pouch is ready, put the evergreen needles into the
- In the end, secure the open end with some ribbon or raffia.
Given below are few tips which can help you make these evergreen sachets
more effective in their fragrance.
- Use balsam needles, as they have long lasting and strongest
- Place the sachets in a warm area but make sure it should not be
too hot. You can place it near some heating vent where it can
release the fragrance better.
- Keep these evergreen sachets away from open flames or fire, as
they can catch fire very easily.
Comment On This Article