Rock gardening in containers can solve your space
problem. So construct an indoor alpine garden. You can grow alpine
plants in container.
Alpine Plants In Container
If there is a scarcity of space then you can simply
bring your garden to your room. It will of course fancy your pastime.
And the best option among houseplants is the alpine plants. You must be
surprised that how a rock garden can be made in room but growing an indoor
alpine garden is very easy. They grow slowly and so it is best to be
grown in a living room in containers like troughs or sinks.
Here are the names of some common alpine plants that can be grown
in containers. It will give a colorful green picture to your room.
- Juniperus communis 'Compressa - is an ever-growing conifer
- Thymus x citriodorus 'Archer's Gold - It has delicate fragrant
golden leaves and blooms with pink-white flowers in June and July.
- Saxifraga 'Mossy Pink' - It is a heap of greenery blooming filled
up with pink flowers.
- Sempervivum tomentosum - It forms a small mound with its silver
leaves which gives the garden a glittering effect.
- Sedum 'Coral Carpet' - Serene white flowers bloom and bronze
colored leaves peep out of it in June and July.
There are also some other flowers like Ajuga reptans
'Braunherz, Violas, Saxifraga 'Silver Cushion', Sedum 'Cape Blanco'
which will help you to do rock gardening in containers.
Some decorative ideas
- You can place many types of alpines in a shallow oval bowl.
- You can also plant alpine plants in narrow pots and keep them in
windowsill for decoration.
- You can also make a rock garden in strawberry pots.
Step for growing alpine plants in containers
- Layer your container with broken crockery so that the water is
drained out and the roots are not waterlogged.
- Fill up the container till the rim with compost.
- Sow the alpine trees from one end to the other in the container.
And the gap between the plants should be filled tightly with soil
and compost mixture.
- After that give a layer of horticulture grit. This will improve
the water drainage of your soil and stop the roots from being rotten
it will also prevent the infection produced by slugs, growth of
Comment On This Article