Here are some names of garden fertilizer and the
details of chemical fertilizers that can be applied for your garden.
Chemical Fertilizers For Garden
So you have given the desired form to your garden and
now relishing its beauty. It is quite logical that your hard-labored
dream-paradise is quite dear to you not to speak about those who are
devoted to it. But it can be a disaster if not looked after effectively.
One of the precautionary measures to save your landscape is by
application of chemical fertilizers. So here there is some information
on chemical fertilizers for garden, also known as inorganic
garden fertilizers, which can be helpful for your garden care.
Some names of garden fertilizers
The essential garden fertilizers useful for the healthy growth of
plants are nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium.
- Nitrogen (N) - is useful for the healthy growth of garden plants.
It also sees to it that the vitamins are retained.
- Phosphorus (P) - provides resistance against disease and helps in
the growth of roots and seeds.
- Potassium (K) - also resists germs and encourages growth of
Testing soil for fertilizers
You need to test your garden soil to find out the adequate nutrients.
Test your soil with the help of local fertilizer dealer, Natural
Resources Conservation Service or Cooperative State Research, Education,
and Extention Service. Select a fertilizer that has one-fourth of the
nitrogen in a slow-release form, such as sulpher-coated urea.
Application of chemical fertilizers
Though not advisable but still here are some tips for the application
of chemical fertilizers
- When the soil is moist put garden fertilizer and then apply water
slowly. This helps the nutrients to get soaked in the soil and enter
into the roots.
- Don't apply fertilizer before heavy rain, as it will wash away
all the minerals.
- Use little amount of fertilizer in frequent intervals.
- Adjust your fertilizer spreader and be careful about the quantity
of fertilizer spread at each area.
- Follow the instructions that are specified in the spreader.
- While scattering the fertilizer the ends of the lawn should be
- Then go back and forth of the lawn and spray half of the
- Before reaching at the end of the lawn close the spreader.
- Apply other half of the fertilizer from the opposite direction to
the earlier one.
- Throw the fertilizer bags or containers in a prescribed legal
manner to maintain a healthy environment.
Comment On This Article